Mahjong: Age of Alchemy is easy to pick up yet difficult to master. To progress to the next level, you must click on two matching tiles to make them disappear. In order to match two tiles, their sides must be free of any other tiles. When all the tiles in a level are removed, you will progress to the next level. However, pay attention to the timer. The game ends when time runs out!
- If you get stuck in a level, click "Deal New Tileset" in the top-left corner, but keep in mind that there are only five tilesets
- Start from the outside, identify the tile that you'd like to match and try not to get distracted by the other symbols; mahjong requires intense contentration
- Click on options to change to "front view" if you are having difficulties seeing the tiles
- If you need a reminder about the rules, click on "Menu" in the top-right corner and select "Help"
- Keep in mind that different tilesets have different score values. The more complex the symbol, the more points you will recieve for a sucessful pairing
- Make sure that the colors of the tiles you've selected match, or those tiles will not be removed. This is just one of the nuances that make Mahjong: Age of Alchemy more challenging and rewarding than a typical mahjong game
Mahjong is a classic game that was developed in China's Qing Dynasty over 100 years ago. Our free Mahjong game is a modern variety of the traditional game, sometimes called mahjong solitaire, which features a new set of magical symbol tiles. Unlike the original game, our online mahjong can be played with just one player. You can play as many free mahjong games online as you want — no downloads needed!