after the following advertisement
after the following advertisement
How To Play 8 Ball Pool Together™
Sharpen your skills and your shots with a relaxing game of 8 Ball Pool Together™. Enjoy the excitement of a multiplayer game by inviting a friend or being matched with another player online.
The goal of the game is to pocket the colored ball of your type – either solid or striped. Your type is determined when someone pockets a ball after the first turn. Pocket all of the colored balls of your type while also preventing your opponent from doing the same.
To strike the cue ball:
- Use your mouse or finger to aim.
- Hold and drag to pull the cue back.
- Release the cue to hit.
The farther you pull the cue back, the stronger your strike will be.
Add some spin, or "English," to alter the movement of your cue ball by positioning the red dot on the white cue ball icon on the side of the table.
Watch the lines to predict the ball's movement for more accurate hits. Careful aiming is the best way to win.
After you pocket all seven of your type of ball, it's time to pocket the black 8 ball to win the game. Select one of the six pockets as the target and strike the ball into that pocket.
However, tensions are high as any mistake can cost you the game. If you pocket the 8 ball too early before pocketing all seven balls of your type, or if you select a pocket for the 8 ball and pocket it elsewhere, you'll lose. Committing a foul while trying to pocket the 8 ball will also cause you to lose. Precision is key to winning at this stage of the game.
Here are some fouls to avoid:
- Breaking the pyramid without any balls being pocketed and fewer than four balls hitting cushions.
- Not hitting any balls or cushions with the cue ball.
- Pocketing the cue ball.
You may manually move the cue ball on the table if your opponent fouls.
Now, sit back, relax, and play pool with other Arkadium players online. Enjoy a game of 8 Ball Pool Together™ today.
About 8 Ball Pool Together™
8 ball, also known as stripes and solids, is a classic pool game that originated in the United States in the 1900s. Since then, its popularity has spread worldwide, so much so that 8 ball is now synonymous with "pool."Whichever way you prefer to call it, you can enjoy this classic pool game whenever the mood strikes. There's no need to chalk your cue stick or search for a six-pocket billiard table when you have the convenience of playing online. Match up with another player on Arkadium or invite a friend – it's up to you. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, you can feel the thrill of the game anytime with Arkadium's 8 Ball Pool Together™.
Enjoy some fun 8 ball pool facts:
- Striking a cue ball on either side of its vertical axis gives it a "sidespin," also known as "English." The term originated from English pool players showing the sidespin technique to American players, who adopted this name.
- The idiom "behind the eight ball" refers to being stuck in a difficult situation. This phrase is derived from 8 ball pool, wherein a player whose cue ball is located behind the 8 ball is unlikely to make any shot.
- Ever wonder why so many pool tables are green? The game originated from the lawn game croquet, representing the grass. The color green also has better visibility for observers of the game. Unlike many online pool games, Arkadium’s 8 Ball Pool Together™ includes a purple pool table.